Discover ancient Sami culture and let your hosts show you their world.
Start your Sami experience by hand-feeding a herd of 300 reindeer before entering the gamme for a hot traditional meal cooked over the fire. Finish the day by gathering around the fire to enjoy joiking (traditional Sami songs), Sami history and stories.
- 25 min bus drive to the reindeer camp
- Feeding of wild reindeer around the reindeer camp
- Guests can test lasso throwing (not on real reindeer)
- Hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) around the fire inside a warm candle lit gamme (traditional Sami hut)
- Warm lunch of bidos (a traditional Sami stew) with more hot drinks and cookies (vegetarian option possible)
- Storytelling of Sami culture
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk songs)
- 25 min bus ride back to Tromsø city centre