Feel invited to visit the real reindeer herd and learn about Sami culture.
Enjoy a 10 to 15-minute sledding ride as the reindeer guide you around the valley and along the coast. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to feed 300 of these magnificent animals before entering the gamme for a hot traditional meal cooked over the fire. Finish the day by gathering around the fire to listen to Sami history, stories and joiking (traditional Sami songs).
- 25 min bus drive to reindeer camp
- Feeding of wild reindeer around the reindeer camp
- Guests can test lasso throwing (not on real reindeer)
- 10-15 min reindeer sledding ride
- Hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) around the fire inside a warm candlelit gamme (traditional Sami hut)
- Warm lunch of bidos (a traditional Sami stew) with more hot drinks and cookies (vegetarian option possible)
- Storytelling of Sami culture
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk songs)
- 25 min bus ride back to Tromsø city centre