Connect to the soul of the Arctic and its indigenous people.
Enjoy a 25 to 30-minute sledding ride as the reindeer guide you around the valley and along the coast. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to feed 300 of these magnificent animals before entering the gamme for a hot traditional meal cooked over the fire. Finish the day by gathering around the fire to listen to Sami history, stories and joiking (traditional Sami songs).
- 25 min to drive to the reindeer camp
- 25-30 min reindeer sledding
- Feeding of wild reindeer around the reindeer camp
- Guests can test lasso throwing (not on real reindeer)
- Warm drinks inside a warm gamme (traditional Sami hut)
- Warm lunch of bidos (a traditional Sami stew) with more hot drinks and cookies (vegetarian option possible)
- Storytelling of Sami culture
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk songs)
- 25 min bus ride back to Tromsø city centre